My Source of inspiration for this mosaic was an original ministeck model that has been available through TMT-Toys as an 18+ item (no longer available). I wondered why this was an 18+ item, because I bought this model in a toyshop when I was approximately 16 year.
What was the challenge in making this mosaic ?
- It was created from a grayscale picture.
- I didn't like the background of the original picture. It was removed and replaced with a more colourful (exotic) background.
- Again, 1x1 elements are very rare in my mosaics thanks to my own program.
I don't remember who's on the picture. I even don't remember where I downloaded it. If you know who it is, please let me know.
- Size of the mosaic: 80x133 cm - 192x320 pixels (32x53 inches)
- Designed and finished: March 2003
- (The picture wasn't made until September: I've been searching for a solution to hang my mosaics without using glue to attach the baseplates to a hardboard plate. I wanted the possibility to demolish the mosaics whenever I want, e.g. when I need the material for other mosaics.)
Total amount of colourbars (1 package contains 5 colourbars):
- 601 black: 11x
- 603 medium blue: 4x
- 604 medium green: 7x
- 605 dark green: 9x
- 608 yellow: 1x
- 609 beige: 1x
- 610 light brown: 18x
- 611 medium brown: 16x
- 612 dark brown: 7x
- 613 white: 8x
- 615 light pink: 6x
- 617 olive: 10x
- 618 gold: 1x
- 619 flesh: 2x
- 620 purple: 1x
- 621 light green: 5x
- 622 corn: 7x
- 623 dark pink: 2x
- 624 light blue: 6x